How does Fortum process personal data from IP addresses, cookies, and similar technologies?
When you use Fortum’s services or websites, we can collect information about your devices using cookies and other tracking methods.
Cookies are small text files that we use for tracking and calculations relating to web browsers and devices that connect to our websites. Fortum or associated third parties may use this information for marketing purposes.
What are your rights concerning your personal data?
As a data subject, you have several rights that are guaranteed by law:
- The right to your own information. The right to determine whether Fortum is processing your personal data, and, if so, to receive a copy of the personal data processed by us and further information about Fortum’s processing of your data.
- The right to data transferability. You have the right to transfer data, which means that in certain circumstances you may have the right to transfer your personal data to another controller.
- The right to have data corrected. You are entitled to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data about you, and to supplement the data where required.
- The right to have data deleted. You have the right to have your personal data deleted if
- The data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was processed
- You withdraw your consent to some particular method of data processing, and Fortum then no longer has legal grounds for processing your personal data
- Personal data about you has been processed illegally
- Processing of your data is not necessary for compliance with the applicable statutory requirements in order for it to be possible to determine, enforce or legally defend statutory requirements, and/or for archival, research or statistical purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your explicit consent to a specific type of data processing, you always have the right to withdraw this consent.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. When personal data is processed on the basis of the legitimate interests of Fortum or of a third part acting on Fortum’s behalf, you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data. Unless Fortum can reasonably justify the data processing in question, we will then cease the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to direct marketing. You are at any time entitled to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes. In this case, we will then cease processing of your personal data for the purposes in question.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data. You are entitled to restrict the processing of your personal data, and this restriction will be applied while your request is being investigated and evaluated.
- The right to refuse to allow automated decisions to be made about you. If we have made a decision with regard to you solely by an automated decision-making procedure and this decision has legal or otherwise significant consequences for you, you can request that we review the decision by making a new and individualised assessment. This applies if we cannot demonstrate that an automatic decision is sufficient for making a contract between you and Fortum, or for implementing a contract that has been made.
- The right to file a complaint with a regulatory authority. You have the right to appeal to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman or any other competent regulatory authority if you believe we are processing your personal data in violation of current data protection legislation.
Changes to Fortum’s Privacy Notice
Fortum reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice. If any changes are made to this privacy notice, notification of this will be provided on our website.
Such changes may be necessary in relation to the development of our services, for example, or due to changes in applicable legislation.
If you have any questions, comments and requests relating to this privacy notice, you can send them to us, using the email address below or by post.
Keilalahdentie 2-4, CD building
FI-02150 Espoo, Finland