1. Remember your payment interval and due dates: Log into the My Fortum service for information about your electricity, district heating and natural gas bills.
2. Choose the payment option that best suits you: printed invoice, eInvoice or direct payment.
3. Be prepared for your electricity bill: track your electricity consumption by logging into My Fortum. You can also download the My Fortum app on your phone or tablet. The app also shows your electricity consumption from the beginning of the current month in euros.
4. Make sure you have enough money on your account: the term of payment for electricity, district heating and natural gas bills is 14 days from the date of invoice.
5. If you need a payment extension: contact us before the due date. You can also request a payment extension from our chatbot (type the search term "Term of payment” in the chat box) or chat with our customer service (search term: “Customer service")
6. Consider the Fortum Maksujousto service: if your payment problems mostly concern wintertime electricity consumption, you could benefit from Maksujousto. The Maksujousto service (€4.90/month) divides payments over a 12-month period more evenly than regular billing.